top of page

PRAISE Reports

Public·39 members

Wild critters

Helping my daughter out while she recovers from surgery: did the dishes, made her food.... took the dogs for a walk, all is well. In the afternoon I took the dogs for another walk. I always do a different route, longer, shorter, always around an older neighborhood in the city outskirts. I felt the urge to do a "Cesar Milan pause" just stop, deep breathe, as I stood there with 2 dogs I see a young racoon crossing the sidewalk. It stood along the curb, looked up at the tree, looked around, I figured it would cross the street if I walked on. Little dog barked at the coon and the coon moved in front of us on the sidewalk, hissing and carrying on. I slowly walked backward when the critter decided he was the feisty one and tried to attack the larger dog who wanted NOTHING to do with that stinker. As the dog tried to hide behind me I got my foot under the coon and kicked him out on the road. I have no idea how I even managed all this, but coon did two airflips and did not follow us. If there were not angels protecting us, or Holy Spirit intuition it could have really ended badly. If had not stopped to just breathe the coon would still have been undetected by me in the yard and might have done harm. I call the whole incident divine protection! We checked the dogs once home for any scratches, but nothing, I did not let the coon get close enough, or better divine protection did that.

After I got back home to my house that evening I told hubby and he said you need to call the game commission! So I did and they took my report. Later the local ranger called back - they had another raccoon actually attack a dog in that neighborhood. Wild critters! I told the ranger that God always watches over me!

16 Views
bottom of page